Monday, October 31, 2011

Eng 101 blog 4.

  Since I started this cluster found it interesting. The courses on human rights, the new knowledge I acquired in the linguistic courses and the skills I learn in eng 101 are very effective and helpful.

 In law class I learn about rights that I didn’t know that I had and how they affect me and my surrounding. The notion of legality and the application of what it says in the constitution is not something that I am familiar with, but in professor Bojana’s class and Dr. Cooper’s class I definitely got. Even if the courses sound different but in reality they are not and with the cluster I quickly assimilated the topics study in class and the materials used such as videos and documents; they are relevant. The books choose by the instructors are very effective, the texts they contain are explicit which help us understand the subject easily.

  Since the first day of class, professor Bojana, in her introduction said that this cluster should be considered as a learning community. Therefore, in a community diversity is what makes it interesting and the interactions and exchanges between the members of this community is what makes the learning process richer. We are all different from each other; ethnicity, cultural background, religion, nationality… but we all respect each other’s opinion customs and beliefs even if we might personally disagree. I personally find the connections between the Law and English 101 classes right away. I found it interesting and very helpful because it helps us understand better what it says in the constitution. The way you, Dr. Cooper explain us help us understand better the reality in today’s socity with your speeches on actual events they make it more evident. This is where I found the relation to language; the language we use gives form to what we think and expose who we are with clarity to others. I learn how it can be used to deny or reinforce someone’s rights, and how it used by law to achieve the government’s goals and satisfies it needs. Nevertheless it took me a while to finally understand the relation to the ELL 101 courses. Sometimes I’m still confusing but its ok, I’m getting it. As long as I understand what is being thought in class I’m fine.

  The LIB 110 class is like the instructors said a space to share who we are with others, so I think is well connected to the cluster because in the learning community in which we are interacting during the semester, having this space to explore other’s diversity and discover from their personal experience is part of what we call community interexchange, whereby the book we are working on now. I think it’s a great initiative because it will be the portrait of our learning community and will show how together, regardless our origin’s differences, we can produce something amazing. For my part everything is well connected so far in the cluster.

No comments:

Post a Comment